Large Diameter Seals
A wide range of large diameter seals including standard symmetrical U-cups, loaded seals, thin-lip U-cups, dual-durometer U-cups and custom profiles such as feathered and asymmetrical lip designs. Seals are available in both imperial and metric sizes with more than 1200 molds in stock for large diameter U-cup seals up to 32½” OD and in-house manufacturing capabilities to produce custom molds and seals up to 34″ OD. Seals are available in a wide range of polyurethane molding materials and offer high tensile strength, excellent abrasion resistance, and superior pressure resistance up to 5000 psi.
Quality Polyurethane Materials
Our polyurethanes offer high tensile strength, excellent abrasion resistance, unlimited shelf life, excellent hydrolytic stability, pressures up to 5,000 psi and service temperatures up to 200°F. Our standard material is a thermoset, polyester type polyurethane available in two durometers: 92 ShoreA and 95 ShoreA. We also offer a custom duo-durometer seal which features a 70 Shore D base material chemically bonded to a standard lip material. This unique construction allows for increased extrusion resistance at the base with excellent sealing capabilities at the lip.
Advantages of Polyurethane
- Extremely durable - resists abrasion, cutting, tearing and shearing
- Superior tensile strength
- Excellent shelf life - will not harden or crack over time
- Excellent impact resistance and quick rebound - well suited for high frequency vibration applications
- Highly resistant to cracking under repeated flexing in both hot and cold conditions as well as applications subjected to thermal shocks
- Resists swelling and deterioration in water applications up to 70°C (158°F)
- Resists radiation and ozone deterioration - well suited for nuclear applications
Our 3D CAD systems mean faster prototyping and manufacturing turnaround times. With in-house tooling facilities, we are able to further decrease production times and manage tooling costs. For all custom parts, we can produce samples in as little as 24 hours which are actual molded parts identical to any future production runs.
Custom Numbering and Private Branding
Nuraseal is able to supply private branded components on request complete with company names, part numbers and colour variations. We also mold in place customer part numbers and brand names to help identify replacement parts.